You've decluttered, deep cleaned and staged your home to perfection. The only thing left to do is sell it...and fast. If you're looking for an extra edge in today's competitive market, try using essential oils.
Aromatherapy has been used for centuries to boost moods, create ambience and promote well-being. When it comes to selling your home, these same benefits can be harnessed to make potential buyers feel welcome, comfortable and even eager to put in an offer.
The best essential oils for selling your home are those that evoke feelings of happiness, relaxation and comfort. We've rounded up some of our favourites so you can get started on giving your home that extra boost.
Lemon Essential Oil: This cheerful citrus scent is known for its ability to boost moods and create a refreshing atmosphere. Diffuse lemon essential oil in your entryway or living room to give buyers a positive first impression.
Lavender Essential Oil: The calming and soothing properties of lavender make it ideal for diffusing in bedrooms or bathrooms. Not only will this help potential buyers relax, but it could also encourage them to envision themselves unwinding in your home.
Peppermint Essential Oil: This invigorating oil can help refresh any space and create a warm, inviting feeling. Try diffusing peppermint in your kitchen or dining room to stimulate the appetite and encourage buyers to linger longer in these rooms.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil: This cooling and refreshing oil is perfect for diffusing in homes with an open floor plan. Eucalyptus can help create a sense of spaciousness, making rooms feel larger and more inviting.
Diffusing these essential oils in your home before showings or open houses can help create a welcoming atmosphere that will make potential buyers feel right at home. With just a few drops, you could be one step closer to selling your home.
How to use a diffuser correctly in your home:
1. Choose the right diffuser for your space. There are many different types of diffusers available on the market, so it's important to choose one that will work well for the size and layout of your home. If you have a large open floor plan, for example, you'll need a diffuser that can cover a larger area.
2. Select the essential oils you want to use. As we mentioned above, some essential oils are better suited for selling your home than others. Lemon, lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus are all great choices.
3. Follow the instructions for your diffuser carefully. Different diffusers have different operating instructions, so be sure to read the manual before using yours.
4. Start diffusing 30 minutes before showings or open houses. This will give the essential oils time to disperse throughout your home and create the desired atmosphere.
5. Diffuse for 30 minutes to 1 hour at a time. Any longer than that and you may start to notice the scent becoming overwhelming.
With just a few simple steps, you can use an essential oil diffuser to give your home a boost in today's competitive market. Give it a try and see for yourself!