Are you looking for a more natural way to care for your hair?
Daily routines like washing, brushing, and styling causes damage to your hair and can leave it looking frizzy, broken, and dry. Even though these activities are necessary for keeping your hair clean and healthy, they can also strip away its natural oils and moisture. This can lead to a number of problems, including split ends, dullness, and tangles.
This is where carrier oils can help with hair care;
Carrier oils are often used in hair care because of their ability to nourish and moisturise the hair and scalp. But what exactly are carrier oils and what do they do?
Carrier oils are vegetable oils that are derived from the fatty portion of a plant. They are called carrier oils because they “carry” the essential oils into the skin. Carrier oils have a number of benefits for the hair, including:
- Reducing frizz
- Adding shine
- Improving hair growth
There are a variety of carrier oils to choose from, each with its own unique benefits. Here are some of the best carrier oils for your hair:
1. Coconut oil is one of the most popular carrier oils for hair care. It is known for its ability to deeply nourish and moisturise the hair. Coconut oil can also help to reduce frizz, add shine, and improve hair growth.
2. Argan oil is another popular carrier oil for hair care. It is rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, which make it great for nourishing and protecting the hair. Argan oil can also help to reduce frizz and add shine.
3. Jojoba oil is a carrier oil that is similar in composition to the sebum produced by our scalp. This makes it great for those with dry or oily scalp conditions. Jojoba oil can help to balance the production of sebum, nourish the hair, and add shine.
4. Almond oil is a rich source of vitamin E and essential fatty acids. It is helps to deeply nourish and moisturise the hair. Almond oil can also improve hair growth.
5. Rosehip oil is a carrier oil that is high in vitamins A and C. These vitamins are important for collagen production, which helps to keep the hair strong and healthy. Rosehip oil can also help to reduce frizz and add shine.
When choosing a carrier oil for your hair, it is important to consider your hair type and needs. If you have dry or damaged hair, you may want to use a heavier oil such as coconut oil or almond oil. If you have oily hair, jojoba oil may be a better choice. And if you are looking to add shine or reduce frizz, rosehip oil or argan oil would be good options.
The best carrier oil for your hair will depend on your individual hair type and needs. Experiment with different oils to find the ones that work best for you.
- Carrier oils for hair growth - As stated on marieclaire The best oil to promote hair growth is coconut oil, it will help your hair grow healthier, thicker and longer - this is due to the fatty acids and vitamins in the coconut oil, they help nourish the scalp. To use, just massage coconut oil from the tip to the root of your hair about 5 to 10 minutes before showing.
- Which oil is best for hair growth and thickness - We get asked this a lot and this would be and as above, this would be Coconut Oil
- How to use oils in hair; To use, just massage the oil from the tip to the root of your hair about 5 to 10 minutes before showing.
We would love to hear your best tips for natural hair care and what has worked for you - leave your comments below.