Spots are unfortunately a fact of life that most of us have to put up with at some point. Whether it’s puberty, PMS or simply water intake, there are many factors that contribute to the quality of our skin. But that doesn’t mean you have to splash out on a range of expensive products to combat any pimple parties.
Tea tree has been used for generations thanks to its antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. This spot stick makes targeting specific areas of the skin easily, without the harsh chemicals that are often added to conventional products.
- 30g cosmetic grade pillar soy wax
- 30g coconut oil
- 2g shea butter
- 3ml tea tree essential oil
- microwavable jug
- metal spoon
- 3 empty twist up lip balm tubes
- Place the coconut oil and soy wax in your jug and microwave in 5 second intervals until completely liquid.
- Quickly stir in the tea tree oil until thoroughly combined.
- Leave the mixture to cool slightly before adding the shea butter.
- Carefully pour the mixture into your lip balm tubes (twisted fully down), then leave them in a cool dry place to fully set.
- Once set, store the tubes in the fridge to avoid the product melting. Use within 12 months.
Share your creations with us on Twitter or Facebook. If you want more recipes and ideas like this, then you can find them in our book Bright and Beautiful – Making Your Own Natural Cosmetics, available here.