Showering can be a lovely chance to unwind and de-stress. This luxurious body butter bar is the perfect post-shower skin treat. It will leave your skin feeling soft, supple and richly moisturised, thanks to the heavenly combination of cocoa and shea butter. The addition of clary sage gives this bar a fresh and sweet scent, while regulating dryness and working as an anti-inflammatory.
The solid format makes this a quick and easy way to moisturise – perfect for those mornings when you don’t have time to rub in lotion and wait for it to absorb. Instead of sacrificing moisturiser for a few extra minutes, simply swipe this bar across your skin and watch as the buttery formula melts in.
How to make your own body butter using essential oils:
- 50g cocoa butter
- 20g shea butter
- 10 drops clary sage essential oil
- hob and pan
- glass bowl
- Melt the cocoa butter and shea butter together in a glass bowl, over a pan of boiling water.
- Once fully melted, remove from the heat and add in the clary sage essential oil, stirring to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your mould, and leave in the fridge to set.
- Once fully set, remove from the mould. We recommend storing your bar in the fridge, in greaseproof paper to keep it clean.
- Simply rub the bar across wet skin after the bath or shower to be left feeling wonderfully smooth! Use within 1 month.